Tuesday 16 December 2014

CHEEZLY BLOODY CHEEZLY - more forays into the world of frozen vegan pizza

Holland and Barrett is a pretty essential shop if you are attempting to live that vegan life, because they sell lots of vegan convenience food, and as much as I enjoy being vegan, convenient is often one thing that it is not. One such convenience food is the range of VegiDeli frozen vegan pizzas that they sell (I previously talked about the Cheese and Tomato flavour one here). These pizzas are great because they are topped with vegan cheese (VegiDeli's Mozzarella style Cheezly), and I have been going pretty hard on them lately so I wanted to write about that, because I want to bring my authentic pizza experience 2 u, my loyal readers.

First of all, here is the seasonal 'Festive Pizza' that is currently available in the range:


(sry for shitty picture, me and Ben were sharing/rly hungry so forgot to take a pic of the full thing, but this gives you the right idea) 

The Festive Pizza has on it turkey style chunks, Lincolnshire style veggie sausage, green peppers, sweetcorn and cranberries. It is very very good, and I was especially into the sausage (edit: that's what she said tehe). Unfortunately, like any frozen pizza really, the base is not of great quality, but I would definitely say that the toppings make up for it. If u are in the market for a tasty vegan pizza for like a Christmas buffet or maybe for your second Christmas dinner (lmao u really expect me to celebrate the birth of Jesus with a fucking roast when pizza, his favourite food, exists?) or something then this is your guy. I am considering buying them up so that I can enjoy them in January and prolong the period before my inevitable withdrawal sets in. 

Pizza rating - 8/10

Secondly, here is that Cheese and Tomato flavour pizza again, accompanied by the 'Meatless Feast':


(yep I had two pizzas they are really small get out of my face haters)

Again this is a shit picture, but you get the idea. The Cheese and Tomato pizza is yummy enough - you kind of get what you expect which is not a bad thing. The Meatless Feast is again very tasty - I especially like the pepperoni slices (you can buy those in a packet from VegiDeli's chilled 'meats' range which is also sold at Holland and Barrett but ur reading a vegan pizza blog so you probably already know that) and the ground beef style pieces, but I coulda done without the ham style chunks - the turkey ones on the Festive Pizza are lots superior. Again, the base isn't great but is much improved by a dip (I'd suggest BBQ) and the cheese is Cheezly so you know you can rely on it. 

Pizza rating: 7/10

So yeah these Cheezly pizzas are great when you can't be bothered to make/assemble/order a vegan pizza, and I would especially recommend the Festive one so get your hungry lil mitts on that while u can! Hopefully VegiDeli bring out more limited edition pizzas for me to eat and then tell you about. That would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment