Tuesday 16 December 2014

Sainsbury's Stonebaked Pizza Bases II: Return of the Bases - 13/12/14

A while ago I wrote about these pizza bases from Sainsbury's and how they are the complete tits. Because I liked them so much, I was very quick to use them again, this time in tandem with the cheddar version of the Violife pizza cheese I also wrote about in ^^that^^ post and MOZZARISELLA!!! which is a vegan version of mozzarella cheese. This is the most "real" tasting vegan cheese I have eaten ever ever (and I think I have eaten quite a lot) - it tastes, looks and feels exactly like mozzarella, and it's way better for you as it's completely plant based. Honestly, it's a complete revelation, and it tastes unreal on pizza.

The first pizza we made was pretty much exactly the same as the one in the last post about these bases (sweetcorn and black olives on top, with the additions of the Violife cheddar cheese and the Mozzarisella):


Like last time, it was really tasty and garnishing with basil helped to bring lots of the flavours out. The Mozzarisella really took it up a notch though (I will not stop gushing about this cheese). V good, v tasty.

Pizza rating: 9/10

The other pizza we made, however, was even better. It was a sort of 'spicy meat feast' deal (we had chilli 'beef', fake pepperoni and red chillies on it) and it was so unbelievably dope: 


The spiciness here was what really made it delicious, and in particular the chilli beef was my favourite of all the toppings (vegan chilli beef recipe: put vegan mince in a pan, cook it, fuck a load of hot sauce/liquid smoke/chilli powder/paprika into the pan also, cook it for a bit, put it on the pizza) - it gave such a yummy meaty texture and was overall really tasty. I couldn't really find fault with this pizza: the beef and one red chilli gave the perfect amount of spiciness and I think it might be my favourite home-assembled pizza I have ever had which is cool.

Pizza rating: 9.5/10 (0.5 knocked off because I had to make it myself and also because I had to share it)

I really cannot implore u enough to buy these Sainsbury's pizza bases bc they really take "homemade" pizza to another level. Truly delicious and authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment