Tuesday 6 May 2014

Fundi Pizza @ The Library, Oxford - 6/5/14


I can be a complete idiot. Last week I burned sweetcorn, and I do that thing where I go "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PHONE??" when my phone is in fact in my hand or pocket on average about twice a week. But perhaps my worst idiocy of all has been failing to notice that every Tuesday, some of the best pizza in the Oxford area is being cooked literally four minutes away from my house. For shame, me. 

The Library is a cool pub on the Cowley Road in Oxford, and once a week it plays host to Fundi Pizza, which is an operation consisting of one man and a wood oven in the beer garden. This is, I truly believe, how all of the most successful operations are run. 


I will cut to the chase here and say that this pizza is great. The fact that you can watch it being made is what proper food bloggers would probably call "a nice touch", and it's also really fast and really fresh. Whilst I'm usually all about a crispier base, this one was soft and comforting (like a nan or a dog or something equally as nice) and I dug that 100%, though the crust around the outside was still nice and crunchy, so the balance was rly good.

The toppings were equally as tasty. I chose a 'Fungi' pizza (margherita with mushrooms) with added olives, and my dear pal and pizza date Olivia chose capers, pepperoni and olives. We were both totally in2 our selections. The mozzarella tasted like it was of goooood quality, and the pizzas came with generous sprinklings of grated parmesan on top also which actually really added to the flavour. So far, so dope.


I also wanna add that this pizza cost me only six English pounds. Think of all the things which cost more than six pounds that are not as good as this pizza (spoiler alert: there are a LOT.) If you're in or around Oxford on a Tuesday evening then I would recommend that this is what you do for your dinner 'cause it's great, The Library is a really friendly place and watching your pizza get made is a cool novelty. 

Pizza rating: 8.5

The Library, 182 Cowley Road, OX4 1UE
www.thelibrarypuboxford.com
www.fundipizza.com

No comments:

Post a Comment