Wednesday 28 May 2014

Spicy Chik, Sheffield - 25/5/2014


Ben wrote about this pizza we ate the other night when we were drunk. It was a pretty alright pizza I thought. The sauce was especially good and there were bare toppings which was obviously class. Anyway here is Ben to tell you about it properly:

The first time I met Lauren was around a year ago at a house show in Birmingham. That day she took me to a pizza place so it's only fitting that months later she would be sprawled on my bathroom floor vomiting pizza in to the toilet. The evening started with disappointment. A group of around eight of us we supposed to be going to Urban Choola and I had my heart set on indulging in a thali. It wasn't to be as there weren't enough seats for us all so my sorrows had to be disappointedly drowned in a bath of soup noodles. It wasn't too bad to be fair but I just wanted that thali really. [I also really wanted a thali - Lauren xoxox] Our group halved and the weaker ones left. A strong group made up of myself, Lauren, Jake and Behan continued to drown our sorrows further at the discotheque; Sheffield's finest/filthiest Corporation night club. The first time I had been there in 2014. For good reason some might say. Blue pints were consumed but this was a lacklustre trip to the club. A fair amount of eighties bangers, not enough goths. We left the club and went to that pizza place that I always go to with Behan because one time they gave us a free pizza. To get in to the pizza place we had to stride over a girl crying or vomiting or both. 

Here is a photo of Behan in Spicy Chik on a previous occasion.
This picture has existed for quite a while now and nobody can explain it.
I remember having to wait a fair time for the pizza but still had to pay the full £6 or something. Veggie spesh, no cheese ta. The sauce was saucy, the base was based and the toppings were... top. I really didn't have a great time eating this pizza though. I think I might have only eaten two slices because I wanted to be sick or I had a headache or I wanted to go to sleep. It was nice and stuff but I wasn't having a nice time whatsoever.

lmaooooo
We left the pizza place to rendezvous at the velvet chamber. The next day, Lauren's sick was green. [would like to add that this was entirely the fault of the Corporation blue pint] The end.

Pizza rating:
Sober rating 6.5/10 Drunk rating 4.5/10

Spicy Chik
138 West Street, S1 4ES
http://spicychik.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment