Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Rusty Bicycle, Oxford - 7/6/2014


I'm leaving Oxford for summer soon (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so before I go away for a few months I'm trying to hit as many local pizza spots as possible. What it may lack in fun stuff and people who actually understand the real world, Oxford sure makes up for in good pizza places. 

The Rusty Bicycle which is a cool lil pub about 3 minutes from my house in East Oxford is no exception. I'm pretty sure they have only recently started doing pizza, but you probably wouldn't notice. Their menu is varied and affordable, and best of all, first on their list is a vegan pie with actual toppings (Franco Manca, take note u guys) - I had their "Vegan Mary" pizza, which has on it black olives, chopped garlic and fresh rocket, and it was delectable for realsies.

What I really liked about this pizza was the base. It's a sourdough crust, which I would usually not feel too sure about, but having given it a shot, I can confidently say that it really works (lol I sound like I'm on an infomercial for a hair loss product). It's super thin and crispy, and the slices held up well even though they looked like they wouldn't. The outside crusts were a little thicker compared to the inner base, and I was especially into how chewy they were because it meant that there was a sort of variety of textures which I was all about.    

Also also, I would like to invite you to look at the picture of this pizza and how huge it is, and then think about the fact that it only cost £6. The ingredients tasted like they were of nice quality, and I was really surprised at the size for the price. It was super good value and the pizzas with cheese and stuff were also pretty reasonably priced so I don't know maybe you should go get dinner at The Rusty Bicycle or something I mean I'm not trying to force you or anything but I just really do think it would be in your best interests. Also I think on most weekdays pizzas are half price at lunchtime (they do burgas and other bar food too!) So now you need no excuse. 

Pizza rating: 7.5/10

The Rusty Bicycle
28 Magdalen Road, OX4 1RB
http://www.therustybicycle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment