Thursday 3 July 2014

Pizza Hut, Birmingham - 2/07/2014


Yesterday I hung out with one of my oldest and most lovely pals, Hannah. Whenever we hang out we go to Pizza Hut because it is what we have always done since the dawn of time. 

So. I had a Veggie pizza with no cheese and extra olives on a Pan base. The Pizza Hut Pan base is a thing of immense beauty and I want to take a second to honour it now - at best (i.e. when it's just been freshly served) it's soft and comforting yet crispy. The crust gives just a tiny bit of resistance when you first bite it and it's completely dope. It makes me sort of sad that the colder the pizza gets, the less crispy and more doughy the Pan crust gets. If Pizza Hut could find a way to solve that, they could well have one of the world's most delicious doughs on their hands. And I do not say that lightly. 

The toppings were all very nice and fresh-seeming (though I do take issue with Pizza Hut's black olives which are weirdly shrivelled), and I appreciated how inviting the pizza looked 'cause of all the bright colours. Not too much green, which does often become a problem with veggie pizza, imho. 

Basically u know what you're getting with Pizza Hut (Peep Show fans amirite??) - tasty comfort food AND a free salad bar (big up Pizza Hut couscous tbh) AND free fizzy drink refills. Not bloody bad. 

Pizza rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment