Wednesday 2 July 2014

VEGAN PIZZA DAY!!! @ Grove Café, Leeds - 28/06/2014


On Saturday it was apparently #veganpizzaday. I do not like hashtags but this one was very relevant to my interests. We were near Leeds because we went to Ikea (I bought a cuddly pig and some cacti fyi) so I suggested that to celebrate that most sacred of days, we revisit one of Yorkshire's most beloved vegan pizza joints, Grove Café. 

Ben had a Soya Delight which he always has because he's an old man (it has tofu, peppers, vegan cheese and maybe mushrooms or something on it. tbh it's pretty nice.), and I got a vegan Margherita and added sweetcorn, peppers and olives which is obviously a superior topping combination. The pizza was gr8 as it was last time, and though my issue with it still remains the same (the dough is chewy and not crispy), it was tasty as all heck and totally did the job. However, we are weaklings and couldn't finish it so we had to take like half of each pizza back home. It is for this reason that I also just want to talk about the extent to which Grove pizza comes into its own when it's 5am and you've just got in from dancing in a cage at a class gay bar. It is a great extent. 5am post-Dempsey's meal is the role this pizza was born to play. 

So yeah, hope all of my ~readers~ had a nice fun #veganpizzaday and ate lots of pizza, vegan or otherwise depending on your inclination. Mwah or whatever. 

Pizza rating: 8/10

Grove Café
133-135 Cardigan Road, LS6 1LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment