Monday 21 July 2014

The Farm, Solihull - 19/7/2014


On Saturday I went for a ~meal~ for my stepdad's birthday at The Farm which is a v nice restaurant in Solihull. Solihull is basically Birmingham but the people who live there will vehemently deny this from inside their wannabe yummy mummy 4x4s on the way to taking Ellie-Mae to her violin lesson, whilst also telling Freddie to "shut the DS the fuck up I'm trying to make an eyebrow appointment". 

Ahem. Anyway so yeah. The Farm. This place is cool and the ambience is lovely and all, but I was not bowled over by their pizza, and as we all know, this is the most important test of any establishment. Ben and I had a pie with spring onion, olives and chillies on it, with added rocket and mushrooms to replace the mozzarella and anchovies we got rid of. The toppings were nice quality, but I did take issue with the chillies which were suuuper spicy and not very flavoursome. I really like spicy food but there just wasn't much else to compensate for the hotness. The sauce was just sauce really, and I actually wasn't hugely into the base, which had a texture which was too chewy for a dough as thin as it was. 

However, I'm not tryna hate because this is a cool place to eat and it's laid out really nicely, so definitely not all bad. Should you ever find yourself in Solihull (let me know so I can pray a rosary for your mortal soul) and stuck for somewhere pretty to eat, maybe you should visit The Farm.

The Inn at The Farm
Farmhouse Way, Solihull, B90 4EH
http://www.lovelypubs.co.uk/venues/the-inn-at-the-farm

No comments:

Post a Comment