Monday 21 July 2014

pizza my heart - a rest in pizza zine

Hey everyone. Gonna take a break right now from the NON-STOP ENTERTAINMENT of reviews and talk to you about something else for a second.

I love writing restinpizza, and I hope that some of you enjoy reading it every so often. What I would really like to do more than anything is convert this lil blog of mine into an actual physical zine - 'pizza my heart' is essentially going to be the paper version of restinpizza, and whilst it might feature some content similar to that you see on the blog, it's also going to be a little more varied, with photography, interviews, illustration and lots of other cool stuff, hopefully with pizza contributions and points of view from people who aren't just me.

That is where you all come in - basically, if you think you have something cool to say about pizza or pizza-related topics, and would like your work to be featured in a dope-ass publication that you can hold in your hands, then please shoot me an email and your idea (no more than 200 words pls!) at restinpizza666@gmail.com - I would love to hear from you and collect the work of pizza aficionados in one tastefully designed place.

(if you think you'd like to submit or be involved, but aren't really sure what sort of direction you'd like to take, here are some ideas:

  • a profile of the best pizza places in one city (written/photographic/whatever)
  • recipes!  
  • or you could just write about why you l-u-v pizza
  • any sort of ~creative non-fiction~ 
  • tbh, anything creative at all)
Please get in touch if you'd like to be involved; otherwise I'll be posting some sporadic updates about the zine, so pls keep an eye out! It should appear sometime in September. 

Thank u for reading, everyone; I will shut up now.
Lauren xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment