Monday 21 April 2014

'homemade' - 16/4/14


I've put the word homemade in the title of this post in those dickish little quote marks because technically, this pizza was more 'home-assembled' than actually crafted by my own tiny hands over a roaring fire or any of that shite. I used a Napolina pizza base and Tesco tomato and herb pizza sauce, as well as some frozen and fresh veggies, in order to craft the culinary sensation you see above, immortalised 4ever (- The Veronicas) by my shit iPhone 4 camera.

I will start my ~review~ with the base. I was rly into this base, but I think that is mainly because I expected it to be ranker than it actually was. Instead it was a pretty nice surprise, and had crispy edges and a bottom that didn't sag despite a fair few toppings which is something I have found in the past with other pre-made pizza bases. Would have enjoyed a little more crispness underneath but otherwise I would actually really recommend these if assembling yr own 'za is something you enjoy (also pretty sure that they're vegan so even better - the box says they are made with margarine but seems to imply that it's a vegetable oil based one rather than a dairy one. fyi.)

The Tesco sauce was also pretty good, but pretty basic. I feel like you could very easily make something similar with tomato puree, passata and some herbs, but because I obviously could not be arsed to do that, this sauce was a dope stand in. I would give a shout out in particular to its consistency, which was p perfect for the purpose. Alliteration.

Finally, I would point out that with this particular pizza I decided to go cheeseless (a shocking admission from a pizza purist) and it was actually really delicious. The flavours/textures of the veg (I used sweetcorn, red peppers and olives) were definitely sharper than I think they would have been with cheese, which would have made this quite little pizza a bit too busy. Would definitely recommend an attempt at cheeseless 2 those who haven't tried it because it is an incredibly pleasant change.  

Overall this was cool because putting the pizza together/choosing exactly what toppings I wanted was a p fun thing to do. Maybe now you too will assemble your own pizza. I hope I have inspired u. Thank u.

Pizza rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment