Tuesday 22 April 2014

'homemade' pt. 2: revenge of the pizza - 22/4/14



this is the second pizza I have assembled at home in about a week (partly because the first one was great and I wanted another; partly because the bases come in packs of two and I had one left over) and it was probably better than its predecessor. This pizza is the Gary Barlow of pizzas, defying the odds and the critics in order to return bigger and better second time around. If this pizza was the head judge on X Factor, it would be really good at it. 

I'm not gonna go into stuff about the sauce/base because I talked about them quite extensively like two posts ago so if you really care about what I have to say (literally why would you) then you can take a look over there. Both sauce and base were still tasty though, and fyi the second base kept well in the cupboard for like a week so that is definitely good news. Pretty much the only things I changed were the toppings - sweetcorn and green olives remained as topping OGs (both still v good), and I stayed cheeseless (actually enjoying it more and more every time I have it/also I have £5 left in the world until my student loan reappears so I can't afford luxuries such as cheese lol), but this time I added jalapeños which spiced proceedings up a lil bit (not a lot baby girl just a lil bit - 50 Cent knows) aaaand the undoubted star of the show, basil tofu which I cubed and pan fried in garlic before lovingly chucking it on the pizza along with everything else. Again, would recommend these pizza bases/would also recommend that you eat basil tofu fried in garlic for every meal.

Pizza rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment